14 medium sized strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 frozen banana, broken into pieces (I slice mine before freezing)
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup gluten free old fashioned rolled oats - can replace with Quinoa if oat adverse
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Natural sweetener to taste
Sliced fresh strawberries
Combine all in a blender. Pour into a bowl & top with fresh berries, oats & sunflower seeds.
Note: If using frozen strawberries you might need to add more liquid while blending.
You've struggled with weight all your life.
You can't seem to take off those last 5 lbs no matter how clean you eat.
You have to eat less and stricter than your friends to lose or maintain weight.
You always seem to have a "little extra" around your abdominal area.
There may be a reason for this. You may be lacking a specific probiotic strain in your gut that is directly related to weight loss. Thankfully, Xymogen has been able to target this strain and deliver it to you in a convenient supplement form.
Clinical research has proven the following results from this one product alone.
Double-blind, placebo-controlled results of the combination product compared to placebo indicate:
•4.5% reduction in total body fat mass
•6.7% reduction in trunk fat
•2.6 cm (1.02 inch) reduction in waist circumference
The unique results are obtained with no changes to your diet or exercise habits and there are no stimulants so consumers will feel like themselves while losing body fat mass and improving body composition.
Can you imagine the results you would achieve with this product in combination with health & nutrition coaching!
ProbioMax LEAN will always be on our shelf at NutritionWorks should you want to stop by and pick some up. For those of you outside Denver or who prefer delivery, you can order and ship direct by going to:
Create an account.
Referral code: email to obtain referral code
If you missed any part of Wednesday’s Live Q&A chat about The S.H.E.D. – my all-new 30-Day Detox to Heal and Reveal the Optimal You . . .
You can still access the recording and hear lots of really smart questions get answered, plus get all the information you need to help you decide if participating in The S.H.E.D. is the right opportunity for you.
Click here for immediate access: https://shed.nutritionworksofcolorado.com/shed
When you listen you’ll discover:
- What our bodies and psyches stand to gain from detoxing.
- Signs and symptoms you may be experiencing that are strong indicators of whether a detox would be particularly beneficial to you.
- Who The S.H.E.D. is ideally suited for (and who it’s not for).
- What the differences are between The S.H.E.D. detox program and others you may be considering . . . and much more.
I know there are a LOT of cleanse and detoxes out there - especially right now. I can’t speak to all of them but I can tell you why ours is different.....and important for your health.
1. We use a medical grade product ONLY available through qualified health professionals. It’s NOT an off-the-shelf kit that has no clinical testing for safety, purity and proof of efficacy.
2. The detox product in combination with real, wholesome food is specifically designed to help your body through phase 1 & phase 2 detoxification. SUPER important for those of you who have compromised detoxification pathways or are MTHFR (you know who you are - if not, I can test you or tell you how to get tested).
3. Through this process, we will help you identify potential health conditions that could be supported nutritionally or clinically - such as thyroid disorder, hormonal imbalances, digestive issues, food allergies/sensitivities, metabolic disorder, etc. Because we are Functional Nutritionists, we know what to watch for and can support most conditions.
4. We will encourage you to eat food! Yes, real, healthy, nutrient dense food to support your hormones, repair your body and learn that food is not the enemy!
5. We will provide you with ridiculously good recipes for each week of our detox so you can focus on other things than trying to figure out what eat right now. Don’t worry, you’ll have this piece nailed by the end. In the beginning though, let us do the work for you.
6. We will help you create, define and commit to your 2019 health, nutrition and personal/professional goals - from a place of peace, not fear. Many of us set goals because we are afraid of what “might” happen if we don’t. I’m going to teach you how to create these based on WHAT you want, not what you DON’T want. It’s soooo much easier this way!
7. When you create your exciting and inspiring goals, I’m going to show you how to keep working them, no matter what life throws at you or what that little voice in your head try’s to tell you (which is usually bullshit based on a story we create of something that actually hasn’t even happened - we lovingly call this the “bullshit-vortex”).
8. Because this cleanse will address every area of your life, not just what you eat. It will be more than a way to loose weight. More than typical starvation or restriction detoxes (the exact opposite actually). More than you ever expected from a detox. I want you to raise the bar on what you think it may be and then raise it as high as you can. THIS is why you deserve to do The S.H.E.D. - because you are important and you deserve the best.
*This program is not for everyone. We respect that and understand that. We designed this for people wanting to get off the diet roller coaster. It’s for those of you who have tried every damn diet out there and still haven’t found “the one” - the one that allows you to eat food freely. The one that doesn’t shame you. The one that teaches you what your body needs and when it needs it. It’s for those who want to understand the deep “why” to what they do, how they operate and get lasting results with tools that can be used over and over again - in all areas of your life.
If this speaks to you, please join us January 11th for The S.H.E.D.
BioResonance combines scientific testing with integrative medicine to both answer questions and provide solutions. Using hair and saliva samples, we perform trusted and effective testing to scan the body for specific ailments and sensitivities. We also offer nutrition, herbal and homeopathic remedies that help address findings, all of which are chosen based on years of experience and relevant data.
Coach Jaci will provide a detailed report on the complete energetic findings of the whole body scan: stress levels, food and environmental sensitivities, a list of resonating toxins, and what hormonal and nutritional imbalances are present in your body. You may also chose to complete our 6 or 12-week wellness program to help you implement these changes, stay accountable and create new habits surrounding your health findings.
30 hormones tested
Full toxicity and nutrition panel
600 food sensitivities tested
Full plan of action
99% success rate
Sample test results:
We have a great interior office for rent that would make a perfect treatment room.
Our office is centrally located at I-25 and Colorado blvd. Our practice includes functional nutrition therapy, behavioral therapy, personal training and massage therapy with hopes to expand over the course of the year.
We are an all woman team and thrive in supporting each other, refer services and have a passion for helping others.
Ideally this person would be holistically minded, business oriented, fun, compassionate and willing to work with others to grow as a whole.
Our website is: www.nutritionworksofcolorado.com
Common waiting area fully stocked with water, coffee and tea
Storage room with fridge and microwave
24/7 access to the building
Off street parking in a private parking lot (underground parking available for a fee)
Private gym for use Monday - Saturday 6:00am-8pm
We are asking for a 1-year lease at $650.00 per month.
Visit our blog for pictures of our current space. The room for rent is being built out this week with the expansion.
The best way to communicate is via text: Rachel 720-556-3113
Do you need help with medical weight loss, obesity, diabetes and food addiction?
Michelle Phelan holds a BS in Dietetics and has over 20 years of clinical and functional nutrition experience. Her passion is healing with foods, supplementation, and behavioral coaching.
Michelle also holds certifications in Functional and Holistic Nutrition, which enables her to get to the root of health problems and heal nutritionally from within. While she has primarily helped hundreds of people with medical weight loss and bariatric surgery, metabolic disease such as type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and hormonal imbalances; she also understands the special relationship food has with emotions and addictions. By weaving careful therapeutic meal and supplement suggestions and using insight on the emotional power food has, she has successfully helped her clients overcome nutrient deficiencies, obesity, and weight gain.
If you need a solution for:
Type 2 Diabetes
Food Addiction / Emotional Eating
Bariatric Surgery & Recovery
Please call Michelle. She works remotely from the beautiful island of Maui, which allows her to accommodate busy schedules across multiple time zones. If you ever find yourself traveling to the Hawaiian Islands, she welcomes the opportunity to meet you in person.
With fall presenting itself and temps dropping, I naturally move to heartier foods like this casserole. I’m personally not a vegetarian anymore, but I do appreciate a meal free of animal protein on occasion. With that said, I’ve made this recipe with and without grilled chicken breast and both are equally a delicious!
*note- I replace whole wheat bread for GF bread and always use full-fat milk products.
A huge shout-out to COOKIE + kate at https://cookieandkate.com/ for this recipe!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings
Method: Cooked and baked
Broccoli casserole made better with roasted fresh broccoli, cheddar cheese, creamy quinoa and irresistible, garlicky gluten free bread crumbs. This healthy casserole is easy to make and tastes amazing! Recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
2 cups vegetable broth or water
1 cup quinoa (any color), rinsed under running water in a mesh sieve for a minute and drained
16 ounces broccoli florets, either pre-packaged or sliced from 2 large bunches of broccoli
2 tablespoons olive oil
¾ teaspoon salt
10 twists of freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, omit if sensitive to spice
8 ounces (about 2 ½ cups) freshly grated white cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup full-fat milk (cow’s milk tastes best but unsweetened plain almond milk works, too)
½ tablespoon butter or 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
1 slice gluten free bread
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
To cook the quinoa: Bring the vegetable broth or water to boil in a heavy-bottomed, medium-sized pot. Add the quinoa, reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 17 to 20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Cover and set aside to steam for 10 minutes.
To roast the broccoli: Slice any large broccoli florets in half to make bite-sized pieces. Transfer the broccoli to your prepared baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, until lightly coated on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and arrange in a single layer. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the broccoli is tender and starting to caramelize on the edges.
To make the breadcrumbs: Tear your piece of bread into bite-sized pieces and toss them into a food processor or blender. Process until the bread has broken into small crumbs. In a small pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, stirring often. Add the bread crumbs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly browned and crisp. Set aside to cool. (If you cooked your bread crumbs in a cast iron skillet, transfer them to a bowl to prevent them from burning.)
Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees. Add the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to the pot of quinoa, and stir to combine. Set aside ¾ cup of the cheese for later, then add the rest of the cheese to the pot. Pour in the milk and stir until the cheese and milk are evenly incorporated in the quinoa.
Pour the cheesy quinoa into a 9-inch square baking dish and top with the roasted broccoli. Stir until the broccoli is evenly mixed in with the quinoa. Sprinkle the surface of the casserole with the reserved ¾ cup cheese, then sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top.
Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, until the top is golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
To apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com
Who we are:
NutritionWorks is a health & wellness company that provides functional nutrition therapy, health & wellness coaching, and personal training for our clients. We specialize in blending mental health, nutrition, and movement to help clients transform their lives by taking a unique and customized approach catered to the specifics of each client – we do not take a cookie-cutter, one-size fits all approach.
We are looking for compassionate and experienced, full or part-time; Health & Life Coaches who will be responsible for delivering a holistic and unparalleled approach that will transform the lives of our clients. Your ability to identify root cause, run and interpret labs, and create a personalized health plan, including supplement recommendations, is what differentiates you from the average Coach.
Our ideal candidate will have a certification in nutrition therapy as well as a degree in psychology or social work and/or an extensive background in health & life coaching, at least 3 years of experience, and the ability to form deep and meaningful connections with clients from the onset.
· Provide 1:1 coaching & nutrition therapy for clients via live video, phone or in our office (Denver)
· Seamlessly weave mental, physical, and nutritional health into each session
· Recommend and interpret laboratory testing
· Ability to recommend health and nutrition protocols for specific health conditions
· Ability to recommend supplementation for specific health conditions
· Actively communicate with clients between coaching sessions to provide feedback and support, answer questions, share resources, and hold clients accountable to their goals
· Maintain all client visit records according to HIPAA
What You Need
· Minimum of 3 years coaching experience required
· Currently hold a coaching certification from an accredited program required
· Master’s or Bachelor Degree in Nutrition, Psychology, or Social Work preferred
· Must be a self-starter displaying confidence, assertiveness and flexibility
· Extremely comfortable working independently
· Creative, dedicated and passionate in helping clients achieve their goals
· Knowledge in behavior change and habit formation
To apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org